Oh my god please watch this video please.
I’M CRYING, YOU CAN’T IMAGINE HOW HARD I’M CRYING RN. NOTHING I EXPECTED, EVERYTHING I WANTED. SRSLY.
Don’t watch anime bc ur expectation in boys will literally go up 5000%
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
plus, I highly doubt poor people, especially if they lack education, have the time or money to read the New York Times. so it’s mostly a lot of rich assholes patting themselves on the back for eating shit they got at whole foods and simultaneously judging poor people for choosing McDonald’s.
I’ve been wanting someone to say this for years.
trag·e·dy (trajədē) noun
1. an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress
2. a play dealing with tragic events and having an unhappy ending, especially one concerning the downfall of the main character.
Car sex just got a helluva lot easier.
two kinds of people.
you could put a dead body there and put a blanket on it and people would think they were just sleeping and it would be a great way to transport dead bodies inconspicuously.
* three kinds of people.
HOW CAN YOU EVEN HAVE A GIF THAT’S THAT SPECIFIC?
I agree, it is highly unnatural…You might even say it’s ….. “Supernatural”
Anonymous said: Hey, can I get some gangster!cas? In honor of the new episode.
I would like to congratulate myself for turning such a simple request into one long and really dumb comic thing.
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the gangster/pimp life.
I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING
sometimes i think i miss high school and then..this is pretty accurate
one time i was in class in middle school and i was eating a beef jerky slim jim and the teacher said “stop eating that unless you have enough to share” so i pulled out a box of 200 slim jims (from costco of course) and the teacher fucking confiscated it.